- Sourced from the small crustacean, Organika’s Krill Oil is a source of the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are important for the maintenance of good health. Krill oil also is a good source of the phospholipid phosphatidylcholine, important for cell membrane integrity, and the antioxidant astaxanthin.
- Source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA
- Supports heart and brain health
- Anti-inflammatory; supports joint health
- Source of the antioxidant astaxanthin
Krill is a tiny crustacean that is best known as a significant source of omega 3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These fatty acids contribute to a healthy heart, mind and body. They have many roles in the body, including:
- Being raw materials for building cell membranes (DHA is particularly important for retina, brain and sperm cells)
- Making eicosanoids - signalling molecules that direct traffic in the world of inflammation, cardiovascular and lung function, and the immune and endocrine systems
- Specifically, helping to lower blood triglycerides and reducing the risk of blockages linked to heart disease
- Providing a source of energy
Krill oil also contains phospholipids. Phospholipids, like phosphatidylcholine, are an important component of all our cell membranes, and are particularly important in brain cells and cell communication. When attached to omega 3 fatty acids like in krill oil, phospholipids are responsible for carrying the fatty acids into cells and significantly increase the potency and bioavailability of both EPA and DHA. This allows us to take less krill oil to get the same benefit as a higher amount of fish oil.
Antarctic krill, like that found in Organika’s Krill Oil, is also rich in the natural antioxidant astaxanthin. The deep red colour of each capsule is due to this astaxanthin content. Recognized for the health-promoting suppression of free radicals, astaxanthin helps to keep the oil fresh and protects the omega-3 fatty acids from oxidation and going rancid. This means no additives are necessary to maintain the long-term stability of the oil.
Superba™ Krill Oil, found in this Organika product, is not your typical omega-3 source. Superba™ Krill stands out amongst its competitors because it is sourced from the clean, low toxicity environment of the Antarctic Ocean, in a sustainable and traceable manner. We use proprietary fishing technology to eliminate by-catch, limit the environmental impact and maintain the nutritional integrity of the krill. At the end of the day, you can be sure you are doing something good for your health and your conscience.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENT — EACH SOFTGEL CAPSULE CONTAINS:
- Superba 2™ Krill Oil (Body Oil from Euphausia superba) 500 mg (Containing 14% EPA and 8% DHA)
- Natural Vanilla Flavour
- Glycerin (Non-GMO Vegetable Source)
- Purified Water
Size: 90 Capsules