- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, or N-A-C, is an acetylated form of the amino acid cysteine.
- Cysteine is the most important precursor to glutathione (GSH), the most critical antioxidant produced in the body.
- Glutathione helps chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body. N-A-C is approved as a drug in some European jurisdictions for use in preventing liver damage from acetaminophen overdose.
- It has been used for over 30 years for respiratory health, providing some relief to those suffering from chronic respiratory conditions such as the annoying post-nasal drip, sinusitis, chronic bronchitis, the congenital disease cystic fibrosis, and even life-threatening conditions such as COPD.
- N-A-C also promotes cardiovascular health due to its unique ability to inhibit levels of a specific lipoprotein called Lp(a), a marker of heart disease.
Acetylated cysteine is better absorbed than regular cysteine. AOR’s N-A-C is an excellent choice for those looking for a single supplement to promote overall health including cellular protection and cardiovascular health.
People suffering from chronic respiratory conditions may also benefit from regular use of N-A-C.
As the precursor for the important antioxidant glutathione, AOR’s NAC provides a wide range of health benefits in an effective dosage.
Serving Size: One Capsule
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine500 mg
Non-medicinal Ingredients: sodium stearyl fumarate, microcrystalline cellulose.
120 VEGI CAPS