Gold Top Organics' Back to Basics whole grain oats is:
- made from the finest organically grown oats in Canada.
- natural, only oats as the ingredients. No sugar or salt added.
- quick and easy to prepare.
- a creamy consistency and tasty.
- manufactured in a peanut free and kosher approved facility.
- available in 1 kg pouch.
Oats have been a staple in North American diets. The grain is used in many applications such as food, binding agent, cosmetics, and more.
Oats have a soluble fermentable fibre known as beta-glucan or β-glucan. For over 50 years, study after study has proven the beneficial effects of beta-glucan on cholesterol levels. Studies with people who have high cholesterol (e.g. above 220 mg/dl) and who ate 3 g of oat fibre (e.g. the amount in one bowl of oatmeal) per day experienced a total cholesterol drop of 8-23 %. This result is important because 1 % drop in serum cholesterol translates to a 2 % lower risk of developing heart disease.
Beta-glucan has also been shown to help people with diabetes control their blood sugars. Eating oatmeal or oat bran rich foods helps lower the rises in blood sugars after eating compared to eating rice or bread. Starting out a day with blood sugar stabilizing foods such as oats may help control blood sugars throughout the day.
Oats are also rich in magnesium, a co-factor for more than 300 enzymes involved in critical bodily functions. Therefore, oats also help provide important minerals that the body needs.
Why use this product?
Gold Top Organics Back to Basics is simply rolled organic oats without any other ingredients added. No hidden sugar or salt.
It cooks in 1-2 minutes and it has a creamy texture.
Oats, oat bran, and oatmeal contain a fibre known as beta-glucan. This soluble fermentable fibre along with other soluble fibres have been shown to help:
- lower cholesterol levels.
- regulate blood sugar levels.
- provide a "feel full longer" feeling.
- boost the immune system.
How to use this product:
- cooks on stove tops and in the microwave within 1-2 minutes.
- use it as breakfast or as a snack.
- add fruits, flax seeds, or Gold Top Organics Berry Blend.
- add a small dub of Gold Top Organics coconut oil to give additional flavour (and for added health benefits).
- use it in your baked goods such as cookies or apple crisp.
Comments from consumers:
"I first found the Gold Top Organics oats at Winner's and having tried dozens of different kinds, find these to be my absolute favorite!!"
--Rachel from Surrey BC
"Your quick cooking oats are the best of all the brands I have tried."
--Samantha from Ontario
"Last summer I visited Montreal and I fell in love with your OATS."
--Nadine from Staten Island